The '2nd IPY workshop on Sustaining Arctic Observation Networks' was held in Edmonton, Alberta, 9-11 April 2008.
This second workshop addressed the question:
‘How will Arctic observing and data and information management activities be coordinated and sustained over the long-term?’ The following sessions toke place over 3 days:
- Earth Observation Platforms
- Community-based Observations
- Coordination of International Arctic Observing Networks and of National Funding (governments & agencies)
- Operational Observing (met agencies, public health agencies, etc)
- New and Emerging Technologies (unmanned vehicles, sensors, etc)
- Integration Across Networks - Observations and Modeling - Data Management
Material presented at the workshop can be found under the main menu link 'Background' -> 'SAON Initiating Group' -> ‘Edmonton workshop’.